Sunday, May 2, 2010

News, News, News and More News!

This week has been full of stress and awesomeness. Crazy things are happening in my work life, which made parts of this week insane. Whitney and I took the student council kids on an overnight field trip this week, so that totally disrupted my exercise schedule. I packed food for myself to eat and ordered a boca burger for dinner (yummy! Never tried one of those before). Overall, that part of the week was darn good for the craziness of it all.

Now, some announcements to make. My mile time is down to... wait for it... wait for it... 10:44! YAY! So thrilled about that. I have been working on learning how to breathe and pace myself. Love the way that it going so far! I am ready to try out my new found running skills on the Komen 5k race my family is doing up in Salt Lake this weekend. (I'm am bouncing up and down with excitement)

Next, my current weight is 218.5. I am so close! Nearly at my lowest adult weight. I haven't weighed this little since my first bout with Weight Watchers ten years ago.

And the thrilling conclusion to my announcements for the week, I tried on a pair of size 18 pants, and they fit! In fact, they are pretty comfortable and there's plenty of room. I nearly hugged the fitting room attendant at Walmart (which I know would have been weird, but that's how happy I was!) I promptly bought myself a pair of the pants.

Whew! Big week, eh? In other news, my Mom and Leslie joined the gym this week. I am so proud of them! It was fun introducing my mom to all the people at the gym. Jose (the gym owner) said to my mom, "What took you so long to get here?" I am so happy they are going to come with me.

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's a LOT of good, big news! super big congrats and so happy for the family support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a week! By the way if you are still looking for 1/2 marathons that are on a Saturday I have two suggestions for you. The first is October 24th at South Mountain. Travis and I trained for that one last year, I didn't get to run it, but he said it was just an ok race route. The other is in Mesa on November 14th. My friend who has run a few 1/2 marathons said that this is best race route she has ever run. I'm hoping to be back in shape after baby to be able to run the one in Mesa. If you need more info let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nancy! I like the idea of the one in November. It would be fun to go as a group

    ReplyDelete