Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Rough Week

It's been a rough week for me. I've really been lacking in the motivation department. I gave in to temptation nearly every time I was faced with it, specifically this weekend. (I really struggle at Nell's house! I love her and her family, but I give myself free reign pretty much every time!)

I know I need a break. I just need to finish out the last bit of the Arrowhead Challenge, then I'm really (truly, I promise), going to take a step back. I've been pushing myself really hard for quite a while now. I think I need a week of down time. I'm sure at least some of you reading this are rolling your eyes, but I really do plan on taking a week and relaxing. I think it'll help me get back in to the swing of things.

Part of my struggle has been the "bounceback" from the end of the Thunderbird Challenge. It's hard to lose all that weight (even though I know the stuff at the end was water weight), and then almost immediately gain a large chunk back. I managed to work most of it off again, but it's still really frustrating.

Speaking of the Thunderbird Challenge (aka Westside Fitness Challenge), I found out that I got 2nd place overall! Not too shabby. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed. Not really that I got second place, but that I didn't win the money! :c) Second place won 3 free personal training sessions. I wish I could just cash that out! Blah. Oh well, second is nothing to sneeze at!

On Monday, Brian helped me run my mile in 7 minutes and 45 seconds! It was great! I am glad that he is willing to help me do stuff like that. He's been a good supporter of my desire to run. He has a weakness for brownies, so his help is easily bought. :c) I'm going to be coaching him on his swimming coming up here soon. He's going to be in a triathlon in three weeks, and needs a bit of direction in that department. I'm just the girl for the job!

Someone I really don't ever talk about is my main trainer, Caleb. He has trained me since I started at Pure Fitness. He started up his own training business, and left Pure Fitness back in February. He is much, much more affordable. Part of the reason I've not talked about him is that I don't want people to think I'm crazy with all the different people I work with. Anyway, he has been so patient with me lately! Drunk Zombie and Overly Emotional Sarah take a lot out on him. Especially last week! I need to find a way to give him some love. I would really like to find a new client for him, so if anyone out there knows someone who might be interested, let me know!

Not a very organized post this week, I know, but you'll get more coherent posts in the future, I promise! 10 more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment